Cygnus Thickness Tester
- Chart Recorders, Gauges & Instrumentation
The Cygnus 1 Intrinsically Safe is a rugged, shock-proof multiple echo ultrasonic surface thickness gauge designed for safely measuring metal thickness to determine wastage or corrosion in potentially explosive environments.
By using multiple echo technology the metal thickness gauge measurements are error checked using 3 return echoes to provide repeatable, reliable results.
- Certified Intrinsically Safe to: ATEX Marking Group I & Group II, CSA Class 1 Group A, B, C & D Division 1
- For use in Zone 0, Zone 1 hazardous areas
- Heavy duty sealed unit - IPX5 and IPX7 rated - highly water / dirt / dust resistant
- Rugged, durable, shock proof construction
- Self verification of the measurements to ensure accuracy
- Various probe options
- Two rechargeable batteries with charger
- Displays sound velocity settings
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- Bright LED display with polarised filter
- Low battery warning
- Metric / Imperial switchable
Supplied ready to use in a protective carry case with 2 rechargeable batteries, the Cygnus 1 Intrinsically Safe can achieve up to 10 hours of continuous testing before recharge is necessary.